For over 20 years, LeadingAge Illinois and Rush Alzheimer's Disease Center have offered the Dementia Leadership Course, a comprehensive educational series intended to provide Dementia Leaders with information they need to develop their skills and grow in their roles.
Dementia experts have recently re-designed this interactive program and added an ongoing networking component. The course provides a framework to teach the specialized skills and competencies needed to provide exceptional dementia services.
Upon completion of the course, participants will join the Dementia Leadership Network. Through a private forum, the Network will offer resources and training material to use for staff education, and allow participants to continue to interact, connect, share ideas, and ask questions.
Led by dementia care experts from Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center and the Rush University, the Dementia Leadership Course and Network brings leaders in all levels of dementia care together to:
- Hear from the experts in the industry
- Receive the most current information and research findings about memory care
- Learn about best practices for supporting dementia patients and their families
- Share information and ideas with peers
- Participate in interactive small-group activities
- Network and access resources after the course ends
- Leadership and Dementia Care
- Living With Dementia (Person and Family Perspective)
- Being an Expert in the Larger Community
- Art of Communication
- Update on Dementia
- Ability Centered Care
- Recognizing the Whole Person
- Keeping Them Safe
- Meaningful Engagement Panel
The course will consist of 4 sessions, taking place on October 8, 16, 22, and 29. Each session will run from 10:15 am - 2:15 pm (CENTRAL TIME).
LAIN, INALA, and IHPCO Members: $249 participant. Samaritan Alliance LAIN members pay just $125 participant. Samaritan Alliance INALA members pay only $187 participant.
Additional registrants from the same community may register at a reduced fee. To register multiple people from the same community and receive this discount, please use this form to register.
Each attendee must be logged into his/her own computer that has sound and video camera capabilities (the sessions will be hosted on Zoom).
The registration deadline is Monday, October 5, 2020. Late registrations may not be accepted.
No refunds will be made after Monday, October 5, 2020. Cancellations on or prior to October 5 will receive a refund less a $20 administrative fee. Substitutions may be made prior to October 5 with no administrative fee assessed.
Who Should Attend
- Directors of Alzheimer’s Special Care Units and Memory Care Programs
- Staff Educators
- Nurse Managers
- Social Workers
- Life Enrichments Directors
- Home Care
- Adult Day Care and Memory Café staff
- Administrators from all settings: skilled nursing, assisted and supportive living, as well as home and community based services
This course has been approved for up to 12 CEUs through the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.