Hosting elected officials at your community is an excellent way to share your story and participate in the legislative process. Elected officials depend on the experts — YOU — to educate them on issues that are important to the industry.
HELPFUL HINTS/THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Contact LAIN and consider us a partner in hosting a successful visit. We can help identify date options, issues topics and information, contact assistance and visit participation.
- Preparing your organization is important so be sure to include your staff, board and residents. Inform all and post information about the visit throughout your facility. Ask some to share comments during the visit.
- Be sure to include a tour with the visit. Visit an exercise class or activity session. Show off your dining room, and other areas you want to showcase.
- Take pictures throughout the visit and welcome interaction throughout the tour.
- Always allow time for the Official to make comments at the beginning, middle or end of the tour.
- Thank you letter is a must.