HFA/RCA Preceptor Course
Summary of course: This full-day course meets the educational program requirement to become an approved preceptor. A certificate of completion will be given to each participant who satisfactorily completes the course. Participants will receive the National Administrator-in-Training Manual.
Qualifications and duties of preceptors
1. be a currently licensed Indiana Administrator
2. be a HFA to precept an applicant seeking licensure as an HFA or RCA; or
3. be a RCA to precept an applicant seeking licensure as an RCA;
4. file an application with the board and be approved prior to serving as the preceptor; and
5. have attended, within the five (5) years prior to applying to serve as a preceptor, a board approved educational program and forward to the board a certificate of completion;
6. have active work experience as an HFA or RCA for at least two (2) out of the immediately preceding three years prior to the date of application;
7. be a current CEO of a continuing care retirement community who holds a current valid HFA license; or
8. be a current regional manager for a multi-facility organization who holds a current valid HFA or RCA license and who affirms to the board that his or her physical presence at the training location is concurrent with at least
sixty percent (60%) of the applicant's physical presence at the training location; and
9. shall not have any disciplinary action taken by the board against his or her HFA or RCA license in the last two (2) years
Presenter: Kelly Borror, MSM, ICYB, HFA, Vice President of Clinical Operations, Lutheran Life Villages
Who Should Attend: Administrators interested in serving as a Preceptor
CEU Info: This full-day course qualifies for up to 6 CEUs.
Registration Fee Info: Members of LAIN, INALA, HOPE, and IHPCO pay $155. Non-members pay $225 (LAIN and HOPE Samaritan Alliance members pay $78. INALA Samaritan Alliance members pay $116.)
Minimum Enrollment Requirement: A minimum enrollment of 6 is required to hold this course. Determination that minimum enrollment is met will be made on 3/6/2020.