LeadingAge Indiana 2017 Spring Call for Presentations
- Applications Due: January 13, 2017
- Notification if chosen: January 30, 2017
- Handouts due: April 17, 2017
- Conference: May 8-9, 2017
Our 2017 Annual Meeting is about the Power of Purpose. A clear sense of purpose enables you to focus on what matters most, taking risks regardless of the challenges or obstacles ahead. As aging services providers, it's not always easy for us to see the value of our work. But, the lives we touch and the families and caregivers we support—all have an impact well beyond the walls of our organizations. However, to find real purpose and meaning in what we do, it is important that we tap our own potential, find the courage and determination to live our mission with focus on the values, talent, skills and passion of those we serve to make a difference in the world.
Join LeadingAge Indiana, along with our partners, the Indiana Assisted Living Association (INALA), and Hoosier Owner’s and Providers for the Elderly (HOPE) and your peers for an exceptional education experience from May 8-9, 2017 at the Indiana Convention Center to explore how you and your organization can tap into your Power of Purpose.
To be considered, please fill out the on-line Call for Presentations and submit to LeadingAge Indiana by January 13, 2017. Please note, preferential consideration will be given to submissions that include a facility/organization member. Further information may be obtained by contacting Emilie Perkins at eperkins@LeadingAgeIndiana.org.
Topics Requested from Across the Continuum
- Customer Service
- Recruitment & Retention of Staff
- Employee Engagement
- Quality Improvement
- Transitions in Care
- Reducing Hospital Readmissions
- ACA and employee health insurance
- Fall Management
- Abuse Prevention
- Infection Control
- Fine dining, food/chefs
- Mission Statements
- Resident Rights versus Regulatory Issues
- Non-traditional Families
- I understand that I am responsible for all travel-related conference expenses and hotel fees.
- I understand there will be a registration fee if I attend sessions on any day other than the one on which I will be a presenter. Presenters may attend other sessions on the day of their presentation at no charge.
- I will keep the meeting dates of May 7-8, 2017 available until notified of the status of my proposal.
- I will forward an electronic copy of my handouts to LeadingAge Indiana by April 17, 2017.
- I understand promoting a company, service or product during the presentation is prohibited.
- I will bring my own laptops and will be responsible for setting up and operating my own equipment.
- I understand that depending upon the length of the presentation, the association reserves the right to combine elements of presentations with other related proposals to enhance continuity of programming
- I will inform my co-presenter(s) of these policies.
The Spring Conference offers several formats for learning and networking. In addition to the traditional breakout session that lasts 60 – 90 minutes, the Spring Conference will also feature an educational offering at the Trade Show called the Idea Accelerator.
The Idea Accelerator is modeled in the spirit of Ignite & the TED conferences, allowing speakers the opportunity to showcase a 10 minute talk with no more than 20 PowerPoint slides to a small audience in the trade show. The Idea Accelerator is limited to 6 spots.