LeadingAge Indiana, along with our partners, the Indiana Assisted Living Association (INALA), Indiana Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (IHPCO) and Hoosier Owners and Providers for the Elderly (HOPE), invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 2013 Spring Conference or any future educational program. The conference will be held in Indianapolis, IN at The Indiana Convention Center May 6-7, 2013. The theme of this conference will be “Expanding the Possibilities.”
Centenarians often remark that they never could have imagined the countless ways the world has changed throughout their lifetime. Similarly, it’s impossible to envision the myriad of changes that will occur in the years ahead. Yet, it is our responsibility to embrace the possibilities of tomorrow.
So, with people at the heart of everything we do, we must strive to expand the possibilities for aging well. This conference offers you the unique opportunity to learn about ways to make life better for today’s seniors, while working towards new ideas for the next generation.
Topics being requested include the following:
Topics Across the Continuum
- Customer Service
- Transitions in Care
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Leadership and how it relates to staff retention
- Unemployment Law and FMLA
- Anti-psychotic Reduction & Behavior Management
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- QAPI requirements and implementation
- Social Service/bereavement/pastoral care
- Volunteers- recruitment and retention
- Fine dining, food/chefs
- Models of service provision-bundled/unbundled-trends, tiered priced/packages, etc
- Establishing a Wellness Program
- Falls- systems, staffing and acuity based programs
- Regulatory Issues-care practice differences between RCF (licensed assisted living) and assisted living not licensed by the ISDH
- Resident Rights versus Regulatory Issues
- Partnering with another community based partner i.e. Hospice, home health, therapies, etc.
- Managing a state survey
- Reducing Hospital Readmissions
- Non-traditional Families
- Reimbursement changes
- Life Safety Code
- Addressing family expectations
To be considered as a speaker, please complete the on-line Call for Presentations and submit to LeadingAge Indiana by January 6, 2013.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Emilie Perkins at eperkins@LeadingAgeIndiana.org.
January 6, 2013
January 28, 2013
April 1, 2013
May 6-7, 2013
& Trade Show